Sunday, August 10, 2008

Day Nine


My Hubby, originally uploaded by Shutterbug Cel.

My husband was out working the yard this evening and I snuck out for some quick shots. I tried to get some of my daughter as well but she wasn't as cooperative. I spent so much time trying to get her to pose I forgot about the burgers on the BBQ and burnt them to a crisp!

It has been just over a week at this project and I am already learning something. I am really happy with how this turned out. I have a feeling a lot of my 365 photos will end up in black and white though. I just love that style.

2 comments:

Ken said...

What great starting pictures for your 365 project. The portrait of your husband is a beautiful b/w portrait. Just a small critique (hope you don't take this as a put down): be very observant of the background when you do portraits shot outside - for example, the branches at the back appear to be sticking out of your husband's head. Once your aware of things like this, the next time you do it, you just do it automatically - moving one or two steps to the right or left to avoid distracting elements. I wish you success in your 365 undertaking. From Flipped Out in flickr.

Celina said...

Good point, thanks! It was an impromptu shot and I didn't even think of that.