Sunday, January 18, 2009

Day 170


Scrapbooking 101, originally uploaded by Shutterbug Cel.

I got another scrapbook layout done today. Slowly but surely I am getting caught up. Next I will be onto Fall of 2008 so it won't be long. Scrapbooking is something I am very passionate about and have been doing it long enough to know a thing or to. I used to teach rubber stamping and scrapbooking before I decided sales just weren't for me. Some of the best tips I can give a new scrapbooker are:

Layer - nothing will pop a picture out of a page more than a piece of cardstock layered behind it cut to an 1/8" larger.

Coordination - pay attention to the colors that our in your photos and coordinate them. Use a color wheel if you aren't sure.

Layout - don't space everything evenly all the time. Offsetting the photos so they don't cut the page in half will help it look more pleasing to the eye.

Journal or Not - some photos tell the story themselves others do not. If you want a special story to be remembered, write it down.

Preserve - if you have old photos sitting around in an ancient photo album or shoebox PLEASE put them into something acid free and photo safe if you care about preserving them at all. All scrapbooking products today are made to withstand time and not eat away at photographs like the old photo albums did. You know the kind with the static cling pages: BAD!

No comments: